How to Find Just the Right Wedding Photographer that can Produce an Excellent Wedding Photography
A wedding without a perfect wedding photography can be such a waste. After all, wedding events are usually prepared for months before and even a year before the d-day. And if you won’t have an excellent immortalization of the said event, it will just be consumed in a day. Well, people might think and even talk about it for a week or more but that is all there is to it. If you want to make sure that you can always look back for such an eventful day, you should have it immortalized in such a way that even the emotions will be felt and reminisced. Now, who else can do that better but the kind of wedding photographer who has a number of years in the industry and is known to deliver the kind of result every client expects! Make sure to hire one that doesn’t have any liver disease too.
But the question is, how can you find such a kind of photographer when there are just so many of them around? There are many strategies to follow. If this is the first time you are going to hire one, it can be such a confusing task. To help you, here are some tips that might be useful:
1) The moment you confirmed the day for your wedding, you should also start searching for a photographer.
Note that he is quite important on that day as well and you should make sure you find the right one. It is just a good thing that you don’t have to call every possible prospect these days and waste money. You can easily check out online and email your prospects or maybe give him a call using those free apps for calling. You should be able to easily converse to each of them at the convenience of your own home.
2) Just make sure as well that you are already decided about the style of photography you prefer.
If you are confused like you are not really sure about it yes, you can ask for suggestions from your prospects or you can check their portfolio. For sure they will be eager to who off. This is also one way of checking their capabilities as well as their experiences in this industry. At the same time, you will also be able to check if they can talk about each of their suggestions intelligently like they really know what they’re doing.
3) Well, I am not advising to go look for the most expensive photographers out there.
However, you should be weary if the photographer is way cheaper than their current market rates. The thing is this is your wedding, and this happens only once in your lifetime under a normal circumstance. That means you only have one chance as well of having that perfect wedding photography. Thus, it is important that though the cost will always matter, it should not be your main determinant. You should first check his capability to provide what you need from him. After all, it is okay to be extravagant when it comes to your wedding as long as it cannot ruin your budget.
4) Make sure to do your homework when looking for photographers.
As mentioned, you can easily find a number of them online. One of checking how they are with their services is to check the online reviews. Here you will see the sentiments of clients like you. Some may recommend someone while others might warn you about a certain photographer. In short, you should be able to get a lot of information from here. Just make sure that the reviews are real.
5) Shortlist at least 3 or 5 where you have to meet each of them one by one.
Yes, that is if their rates are in your ballpark range. You might be able to learn some things about them online, but there are more to learn once you talk to them. Note that though, their website might be telling real stories about them and their capabilities, they are still hired writers. It means they can easily play with their words to make their credentials more attractive. Talking to them personally should be more realistic and at the same time, you should be able to get more authentic information.
6) Don’t ignore his portfolios.
Yes, most of the time, photographers will show you some of their past projects. This will not just show their prowess in capturing pictures, at the same time, this will also help you what style to consider. For sure you will have a lot to choose from. But if you already decide on the style, you can check their wedding albums with the same style. This should help you decide who to choose, especially if you have a hard time choosing the best among your prospects.
7) You and the hired photographer will have to work for weeks going through some details of your impending wedding photography.
That said, you have to look for someone you can comfortably work with. Yes, both of your personalities should mesh well together to have a harmonious working relationship. It would be quite stressful to work with someone who is always against you or who cannot immediately get what you want. So, while doing the interview, you should at the same time observe him. Try to think if you like working with him and if he does not have any mannerisms you will easily get annoyed with.
8) Compare the packages with the other photographers.
Of course, you also need to be careful when doing this and see to it that you will not be comparing apples with lemons. Check out as well why the other is quite expensive as maybe, he offers better services. However, if you think you don’t need those addons that make the rates higher, then you can settle for less. Or maybe you can bargain the price if you really like that particular photographer. Ask if it will be okay if you won’t have this and that and if the price will be adjusted.
9) Don’t forget to ask about your right of the photos.
This happens a lot when the client can’t even freely post the pictures unless there is a name of the photographer at the bottom. Thus, if you don’t want that to happen. You should talk about this right from the start. If all of them has this policy, maybe you need to buy the rights so that the pictures will become completely your possessions. But you can also just let them use your pictures to advertise their business if you want.
10) Inquire about the postproduction details.
Note that you can’t see the hardcopy of the pictures right away and even the softcopies as well. The reason is the photographer will be shooting enormous raw files and it will take a lot of time to edit them to ensure that the end results will be perfect. You should learn more about this so you will know what to expect like the resolution of the pictures, how long you have to wait and so on. The photographer should be able to fill you in as well without hesitations.
11) Talk about what will happen on the big day together.
You see, though the hired photographer is a pro, you still have the say when it comes to the shots to be taken. Well, you can always rely everything to the photographer if you trust him that much. However, if there are particular shots you want to be taken, you can also talk about that with him.
While the tips above are designed to help you in choosing a wedding photographer, below are the things you need to avoid when in the same tasks. Check this out:
• Making the price as your primary determinant is one of the biggest mistakes. Note that you really make sure to choose a professional wedding photographer because you want perfect results. However, if you will hire one just because he is cheaper, might as well hire an amateur as he should way cheaper. But of course, you cannot expect that you get the quality that you want.
• Yes, you are the client and you will be the one paying him. However, that does not give you the right to interfere with his work once the ball is already rolling. Thus, if you have something to say like you have particular shots you want the photographer to take, you should talk it with him before anything else. In fact, this should be talked about days before the wedding. This way everything will go smoothly when the big day comes, and you won’t be stressed as well thinking he might not be able to do what you have in mind.
• Letting others to also act as photographers is definitely not a good idea. you should talk to them nicely so that only the photographer can do such job. Well, maybe if they really insist, they can do so as long as they cannot interfere with the photographer’s work. They can just stay in their seat while taking the pictures. They are just for personal use anyway.
• Choosing a photographer who lives far away from the venue of the wedding is also not a good idea. no matter how professional the photographer is, there is still a good chance he cannot arrive on time. After all, he cannot control the traffic. Well, if you really like the photographer, you can ask him to book an accommodation that is near to your wedding’s location. But if he can’t do it, you can start looking for another photographer.
Your wedding photography is not just for the present but also for your future kids. This is the only way that they can witness your wedding. For sure they will ask about this big day and the pictures should help you explain things to them so they will know exactly what takes place. This is why hiring a wedding photographer should be done with utmost care as it is in their hands that you get to enjoy excellent wedding immortalization.